Advisors to Employee Benefit Plans
We specialize in providing accounting, auditing and tax services to employee benefit plans. We maintain our proficiency in this constantly evolving arena by:
· ongoing training of partners and staff in the complex regulatory requirements,
· investing in a comprehensive library of research tools and materials relating specifically to employee benefit plans,
· committing the time necessary to keep current with the ever changing environment, and
· working closely with ERISA attorneys, actuaries and other specialists to increase our range of expertise.
Our extensive experience is evident by the following.
· We provide audit or consulting services to 20 clients.
· We prepare or review Form 5500 for 36 clients.
· Our employee benefit clients include a large publicly traded company, a U.S. subsidiary of an international conglomerate, construction and manufacturing businesses, automobile dealerships and other various industries.
· We provide services for all types of employee benefit plans: profit sharing plans, 401(k) plans, money purchase pension plans, defined benefit plans, SEPS, health and welfare benefit plans and fringe benefit plans.
· We have been involved with terminating plans, plan mergers and partial termination situations on numerous occasions.
· We work closely with the Department of Labor and legal counsel in resolving issues relating to compliance violations and plan qualification.
· We are proficient in performing initial year audits for plans requiring an audit for the first time.
· We work closely with a range of service providers from one of the nation's largest retirement plan service providers to the small local third party administrator.
· We provide detailed comprehensive letters to plan administrators which inform management of our findings during our audits and include recommendations regarding compliance, fiduciary and accounting issues.
· We advise our clients regarding their fiduciary responsibilities and provide tools to assist them in complying with regulatory requirements.
· We assist and advise clients in the completion of Adoption Agreements and other various Plan documents.
· We keep current on all regulatory, accounting and auditing developments by attending seminars, subscribing to industry publications, and consulting with other professionals in the field.